There are so many email marketing services for nonprofits these days. They all claim to be the best. How do you know who to trust to be your email marketing service provider? Let’s put this to bed once and for all.
In this article I’m going to help you find clarity. I’m going to tell you what to look for in an email marketing provider AND who comes out on top for me. Finding the best email marketing services for nonprofits need not be a nightmare. Let’s have a look at our contenders.
So how do these guys size up when it comes to their email marketing services for nonprofits? Here are the top five things you should be looking for from an email service provider. Let’s see how Aweber, ConvertKit and MailChimp compare.
- 1. Price
The best email marketing service for nonprofits needs to be cost effective. A good email marketing service shouldn’t break the bank. It should bring in more than it costs. The best email marketing services will offer a free tial and a range of price plans.
Aweber offers a 30 day free trial. After that the most basic plan is $19 and allows you up to 500 subscribers… .Little steep if you ask me! The most expensive plan is $149 a month.
ConvertKit lets you request a demo instead of offering a free trial. Thereafter, it’s $29 a month up to 1,000 subscribers. If you have more than 7.5K people on your mailing list they will calculate a special price for you.
If you want to get the most bang for your buck, MailChimp is where it’s at! This email marketing system is ‘free forever’ for up to 2,000 subscribers! For more subscribers it’s only $10 a month. This is the best email marketing solution for nonprofits. Hands down, all day long.
- 2. An amazing quality product
You need to be sure that your email service provider is going to do its job well. But what make the best email marketing service provider? I’m so glad you asked. Here are some elements that your email service provider NEEDS to have:
- Mobile responsive nature – Nowadays, if something isn’t mobile responsive, it’s not going to cut it. If someone opens your email and they need to ‘pinch and zoom’, it’s going to end up in the trash folder. Make sure your email service provider has templates that look great on all devices.
- Reports – Open rate, click through rate and sharing are all things that you need to know and track. This will help you see what’s working and what’s not. You’ll be able to plan your next move to achieve the results that you want. Reporting tools are a MUST for any good email service provider.
- Automation – You don’t have time to type and send an email to every new subscriber on your list! If your email service provider doesn’t have an autoresponder it’s not going to make the cut as the best email marketing services for nonprofits. You need peace of mind that when someone signs up to your list, they’re going to receive a specific email series. This will keep your audience engaged and they’ll be more likely to take desired actions.
- Contact management – the best email service provider will have the best contact management functions. What do I mean by this? To make your email marketing effective, you need to be able to group and sort contacts. This means you can create specific lists and send the right emails to the right people.
When it comes to product quality, MailChimp has the best email marketing services for nonprofits. Hands down.
- 3. Great customer support
I look for great customer support in anything I buy and so should you. The customer support of the email marketing service provider you choose should be second to none. You need to know what if something should go wrong, they’ll get you back up and running.
The type of things your the best email service providers have are:
- Phone support
- Social media support
- Community forum or even a dedicated Facebook community
- Dedicated support email address
- An informative blog
- A thriving knowledge base
For customer support, MailChimp wins my vote. Aweber and ConvertKit just don’t compare. MailChimp has the best email marketing service support team imaginable.
- 4. Track record
New isn’t always better. When it comes to finding the best email marketing service provide you need someone with a proven track record. Someone who has proven that they can change with the times and still come out on top.
The best way to determine this is through customer reviews. See what real life experiences and results email service providers are getting. Read reviews, check forums, find testimonials and even ask around to see who other people are using.
No one has a better track record than MailChimp. You’ll be hard pushed to find someone with a bad word to say about them. They’ve proven time and time again just how amazing and adaptable they are. The best email marketing services for nonprofits with a sterling history is MailChimp.
MailChimp offers the best email marketing services for nonprofits
For nonprofits, Aweber and ConvertKit are not the email marketing solution you’re looking for. In terms of quality, affordability, customer service and track record MailChimp is where it’s at. MailChimp ticks all the boxes of a quality email marketing system.
MailChimp is the best email marketing services for nonprofits for many reasons. The price point is, well, free! Or $10 at most.
The customer support team at MailChimp are excellent. They also have an amazing blog, knowledge base and community full of fantastic people.
MailChimp has all the tools you need to track and refine your email marketing techniques to achieve the best results possible.
Having been around since 2001, MailChimp has proven that it can keep up with the ever changing marketing world. As email marketing continues to adapt, you can be sure MailChimp won’t fall behind.
When it comes to email marketing for nonprofits, MailChimp is the best choice. You can have peace of mind and rest assured that that your email marketing is in safe hands.